Friday, December 19, 2014

Afternoon with my Friend



Today I met up with a friend that was on summer course with me in Berlin, who also moved to the city this year. It was a really fun afternoon. We started by meeting up at Alex(ander Platz), everyone here calls it Alex. The TV tower never becomes a boring sight. 

It was nice to see some buskers out in the chilly weather. It is one of my favourite aspects of Alex and in the winter you don't see nearly as many. Really great music too. 

On our way from Alex to the Museum with the Egyptian exhibit, we stopped at the hotel that has the aquarium in it.  You can pay to go up into it but it was expensive and we were trying to get to the museum. It was defiantly beautiful to see though. Such gorgeous fish. You could get a room in the hotel that looks right into it!!

We finally made it the museum, it has the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts in Europe (i believe). It was really fun and I enjoyed looking at all the artifacts. I also signed up for a year museum pass, so now I can go to any of the state museums any time I want! 

We walked to dinner after the museum, and saw Alex again at night, so beautiful, you can see the Farris Wheel in the background at one of the christmas markets. 

Dolores is my favourite place to eat in Berlin. It is pretty cheap, and ridiculously delicious. Build it your self burrito, basically you get to pick what they put in it and how they make it. It is massive, they do not skimp on the ingredients at all...feels so dense. The atmosphere is also really enjoyable, very friendly people. In the summer this place is packed, but in the winter is was remarkably quiet for a change :)















No comments:

Post a Comment