Monday, November 17, 2014

I need to start writing more during the week

This week has been great, it was my first full week here, and I am really enjoying it. After today/ tonight I realized I need to start writing more frequently, as to not forget as much and to avoid writing a post at 3 am on Sunday. 

I honestly cannot remember what I did early in the week, I don't think I did much, and nothing that was obviously too noteworthy... 




Thursday 
The most notable thing that happend on Thursday was that I got registered with the German Alien Authorities (yes, alien authorities...I am an alien) and I also got the paperwork submitted for my Berlin Drivers Licence! 

Friday 
Tonight I was babysitting the kids and we had an all out movie night, with popcorn, mac and cheese, and movie tickets! It was a lot of fun, the only hiccup for myself was that the movie the boys chose was in German...except for one song. Why, I wonder, was one of the songs in English and the entirety of the movie in German. Either way I have no idea what that movie was about...something with horses and a castle...


Sunday 
Today I started off the day with the family at the local ice rink. To my surprise it was a giant outdoor area, with a speed skating rink around a hockey rink. It was larger than I expected with fairly good ice. The boys both looked a little nervous as we approached the ice, and as we put on their skates. B ended up being a natural, he was off across the ice before I good even get any advice out to him. P doesn't have as much rollerblading experience and is two years younger, so it was baby steps. By the end of the morning P was gliding along pretty well, and almost made it around the rink without slipping!! It was all in all a very successful morning. With (pretty much) no tears! 

After trying our hand at ice skating, I got dropped out at Mauer Park to check out their famous Sunday market. To my disappointment there wasn't much going on there. Either I can too late in the day or vendor's closed early because the weather was getting pretty miserable. Either way I will have to try that again another weekend, hopefully earlier in the day. I decided to walk across the city to the Topography of Terror Museum. The museum i focused on the Nazi Regime and the chronology of the time and the horrors that resulted from the Gestapo and the concentration camps. I was exhausted at this point so I only got about 1/8th through the museum before I decided to head home. Entrance is free to the museum so I figured I would come again this week and see it in the daylight and when I have more energy to spend reading all the information. 

In the evening I decided to meet up with a friend from Ottawa who also lives in Berlin. He and I went to go see Interstellar. WHAT AN AWESOME MOVIE. I highly recommend it. It was well directed, well written, well acted and also left you thinking. It is one of the movies that is on a whole other level when seen in theaters (unless you hate spinning). 








No comments:

Post a Comment